|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Come join Amazon Halo to deliver new behavioral health features. Halo is Amazon's digital health membership. Halo includes an AI-based digital health app (Halo app in iOS and Android) with several new-to-world services and a wrist-worn wearable (Halo Band). As a single-threaded start-up at Amazon, our vision is to help our customers achieve better health outcomes.
Our Behavioral Health team builds features that can identify what customer behaviors (existing or new) are needed to support their health goals. We are about the actions customers take day over day, week over week, and month over month to support a healthy lifestyle. Like how did \"last week's run contribute to your overall activity level?\".
We are looking for a Quality Assurance to help us deliver new features for on connecting customers health data to what they're doing and how it makes them feel.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with Product & Development teams to design and implement Test Strategy to deliver quality consumer software product.
• Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks while driving processes to reduce manual test coverage.
• Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the software.
• Ensure our products meet high standards of quality, performance, Security, and reliability.
• Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to the engineering teams.
• Help writing test plans, test cases, and provide suggestion in improving the QA processes.
A day in the life
As a Halo QA we expect you to leverage strong problem-solving and testing skills to identify how we release each feature with high quality. You are part of the team -- partnering with other engineers, User Experience designers, and Product Managers to drive quality from early design and development through to release. You are trusted to define and independently execute the quality strategy for new features.
Every day you are running, planning or automating your test suite. You review all team design docs and code reviews to confirm they are thoroughly testable and tested. You participate in regular Agile ceremonies (daily standup, sprint retro and planning) constantly identifying and applying best practices them across your direct teams and peer groups.
On a biweekly cadence, you work with product and software managers to outline testing scope for new features, and refine the experience to reduce risk of cumbersome and broken customer flows. You often find yourself testing features that cut across firmware, mobile software and various cloud services. You identify the best way to test and validate our features given its specific implementation; building and maintaining the required tools and test processes to maintain a release schedules that vary from Continuous Deployment to bi-weekly releases.
About the team
We are a set of product verticals within Halo. We index high on ownership, customer obsession, and insist on highest standard. Regardless of job title all team members are expected to push us to deliver the best customer experience while maintaining a high quality bar so our systems can be easily maintained and extended.
We expect all team members to grow as autonomous problem solvers. Decisions are not \"approved\" or \"signed off\"; they are outputs from the applied judgement of those closest to problem with inputs from team and leaders. Our QAs advise and lead decisions on quality.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• 5+ years of professional quality assurance and testing experience.
• Experience applying SQA methodology and tools.
• Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance and stress testing, implementing and maintaining high quality test automation of both client and server systems.
• Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies.
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks.
• Strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses.
• Experience with open source tools and resources.
• Master's degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.