|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Come join the team behind Alexa, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. You can help us invent the future.
We are looking for experienced and detailed oriented Quality Assurance Engineer(QAE) with a solid software testing foundation, and strong automation skills. We are seeking a results oriented individual with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Candidate should be able to continuously raise the bar for QAE best practices by establishing and documenting customer focused QA processes. He or She should be able to influence other team members to embrace best practices and push quality upstream. What you find interesting is creating frictionless, simple and delightful experiences that our customers will love.
Responsibilities include defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stakeholders, improving test coverage, reviewing and filling gaps in existing automation. Representing the customer, understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation. ensure our team has a strong focus on quality, from requirements through release. You will be a key influencer working with designers and product team to build software that millions will use. You will work closely with other teams across Alexa to design and architect solutions that will scale to hundreds of millions of customers. You will work on new voice based experiences and build great new features to our existing voice based experiences.
• 1+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• 1+ years of industry experience in software testing
• Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience with scripting to build and maintain test automation
• Experience with test driven development
• Experience in interacting and coordinating test activities across multiple teams
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience automating API testing.
• Experience with speech and language understanding systems
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.