|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment centralized team is established with the mission to drive customer experience and cost improvement and support business growth in the countries in scope. Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment - Supply Chain (SC) system team will act as a key liaison between Supply Chain Technologies groups and country operation teams to drive supply chain output through requesting / launching system features, auditing system rules and parameters, and identifying potential information gaps that cause systems to make sub-optimal decisions. The team also conducts advanced data analysis to identify system algorithm improvement opportunities. Along with emerging countries' expansion and volume increase in coming years, this team would work closely with both local business team and multiple SCOT teams to continuously improve automation, cost structure and customer experience, with key focus on fulfillment experience optimization, inventory placement, S&OP planning and inbound/removal etc.
Emerging Countries Customer Fulfillment - SC system team is looking for a customer-focused, tech savvy and passionate Business Intel Engineer. The BIE need to understand what information is valuable to our internal customers and then work closely with product managers to deliver tools/metrics/models that are easy for end users to interpret and provide all data points necessary to extract comprehensive business insights. He or she must have experience and capability to document your work for technical as well as non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a cross functional, fast-paced environment; excel at diving into data in order to analyze problems and implement simple, long term solutions, with key responsibilities detailed as below:
• Translating business questions and concerns into specific analytical questions that can be answered with available data using Statistical methods.
• Support the roll out of the product features and enhancements with pre-launch risk & opportunity estimation and post launch benefit evaluation and tracking
• Apply statistics and supply chain knowledge to provide necessary solution with modeling in absence of system solution.
• Develop or well adopt supply chain simulation tools to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions in the areas of inventory management, network change, and supply chain optimization.
• Own weekly and monthly reporting on the state of supply chain core deck. Utilize metrics to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Measure Improvements and impact of changes and set-up mechanisms to audit impact and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives.
• SC system consultant for operation management to support first-tier trouble shooting and system configuration (eg. FOS/ IPC rule portal).
• Establish strong relationship and trust with local and global stakeholders.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load to ensure deliver projects on time
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
• 3+ years' experience in business intelligence engineering, statistics, or similar.
• Experience with writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries to work with complex/large datasets
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and dives deep independently on broad scope issues.
• Proficient in industry standard data analysis and presentation tools
• Superior analytical skills and ability to acquire/interpret data to make business recommendations.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment.
• Great teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
• Genuine and intense customer focus. Ability to influence and earn trust.
• Master's or higher degree in an analytical area such as Mathematics, Data Science, Machine learning etc.
• 6+ years' experience in business intelligence engineering, statistics, or similar.
• Experience in supply chain or knowledge of basic supply chain concepts
• Hands-on experience with AWS services like Redshift, SageMaker, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.
• Proficiency in programming/scripting languages like R and Python