|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon, we obsess over our customers and maintaining their trust. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon's requires the applied skills of experienced and innovative Technical Program Managers to tackle challenges at Amazon scale.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Amazon Dedicated Security Team. We are looking for an individual that can lead technical initiatives, build and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external partners, define and implement repeatable processes and deliver results against Amazon's dynamic security landscape. If you're passionate about solving security problems at scale and want to join a fast-paced organization with global impact on millions of customers, then we'd like to talk to you.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering end to end projects. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces to deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Develop programs and lead initiatives aimed at identifying and eliminating security risks for Amazon and its subsidiaries.
• Manage security initiatives through the subsidiary life cycle and drive activities including coordination of detailed functional plans, communication with key stakeholders, issue resolution, and reporting metrics / KPIs. Create awareness of cross-functional inter-dependencies and establish prioritization for plan execution to minimize disruption on daily operations.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information.
• Build relationships and trust with subsidiary points of contact and business leaders.
• Show ownership and leadership skills in coordinating projects across multiple teams, driving them to successful conclusion while building strong, lasting relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Lead ambiguous and undefined problems to resolution in the face of uncertainty.
• Create repeatable processes for tracking risk, subsidiary information, on-going engagement, and reporting.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with track record of communicating with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the organization.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams, and demonstrate success in delivering projects on time.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
• Experience defining projects, identifying risks, managing cost, coordinating scope, identifying dependencies, and running agile practices.
• Experience working with teams across multiple locations and timezones.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Strong customer focus, ownership, sense of urgency and drive
• Familiarity with web services, multi-tiered systems, complex architectures, workflow modeling and enterprise application integration
• Passion to make things better and building a solutions-based approach to partnership
• Possess an understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles
• Experience with large enterprise environments
• Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and negotiation