|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Sr. Export Compliance Program Mgr
Do you see compliance as a business enabler? Do you have a passion for cutting edge technologies and complex problem solving? Do you enjoy building innovative compliance solutions? Are you passionate about creating the future of export compliance?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence and customer facing services and we are looking for a highly motivated Export Compliance Manager to drive export controls implementations.
The candidate must possess strong analytical skills and be comfortable working autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment. The position requires an individual with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. This candidate must be highly organized and be able to prioritize effectively.
The successful candidate is an innovative compliance professional experienced in building cutting edge programs, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to dive deep into complex problem solving. The role will help drive and scale the export controls program through innovative process development, engaging cross-functional teams that span a broad range of stakeholders, including development teams and senior leadership. The candidate will have strong program/project management skills, must have a passion for new challenges, be creative, self-directed, and a great team player. In this role, you will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively to solve problems and develop requirements for new compliance solutions.
You will need to be the kind of leader who can build, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You will need to be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and help create simple solutions to meet your program goals.
• Provide strategic expertise on US and global export regulations and advise internal business customers on compliance program initiatives
• Develop and implement strategic compliance processes and solutions to manage and maintain US & Global export regulatory compliance and drive continuous improvements
• Export jurisdiction and classification of dual-use items (EAR)
• Monitor regulatory changes
• Create metrics for management reporting
• Drive process improvement and compliance implementation projects
• Own leadership communications to stakeholder teams and executive leadership
• Innovate control mechanisms to best meet business goals and compliance requirements
For interest please reach out to Monica Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org) Location: Seattle, DC, or Portland
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree required
• 7+ years' experience in export compliance in a global corporate environment
• Extensive knowledge of US export regulations including EAR & ITAR
• Experience using SNAP-R & DECCS
• Experience determining export authorization requirements
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and programs; prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Must be available for travel as necessa
• MBA or related advanced degree
• 10+ years' experience in export compliance in a global corporate environment
• Experience working with research and development teams to determine applicable export controls, classification for hardware, software, technology, and control plan implementation
• Experience with non-US export regulations (EU, APAC, etc.)
• Track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Strong attention to detail, and the ability to self-start and self-motivate
• Experience in working with technology and automation to develop innovative solutions
• Ability to mine and analyze data for reporting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .