|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you passionate about impacting customers lives? Do you want to work at a team that solves significant customer problems through innovative technology? Amazon is looking for QAEs who move fast, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and can break down and solve complex problems. This is a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we cannot even imagine yet. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Lead), you will design and define the automation framework for this new project from ground up!
In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of E2E automation strategy for this large end-to-end project, that will require you to navigate a highly complex ecosystem and solve varied quality challenges. In this, you will have the opportunity to engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team for a confidential new project. The ideal candidate will have experience working backwards from the customer to understand the requirements of underlying feature requests. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineering teams to execute them. You will also partner with product managers, project managers and other internal partners. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical background, framework development and scripting skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• Masters/Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
• Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and backend API testing automation.
• Experience in testing software development tool kits or API's
• Experience working with third parties and software development customers
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly leading leading toward a path of practical solutions
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies