|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's Intelligent Cloud Control team is looking for a Systems Development Engineer to join our team!
Our team is responsible for hosting Amazon's websites, which includes all of Amazon's global marketplaces and partner portals as well as consumer experiences like Kindle, Alexa, Amazon Video, and the Mobile Application. Not only do we help deliver the html that delights our customers, we make sure that all underlying transactions are processed hitch-free. This includes payments, contracts, returns, inventory, and notifications. In short, we perform cloud infrastructure management at the biggest scale in the known universe. We also look good doing it.
We're a diverse international team made up of engineers, developers, administrators and managers. We're obsessed with operational quality, security, reducing cost, increasing availability and keeping the largest eCommerce infrastructure purring.
We're looking for a Systems Development Engineer who is inventive, who understands operational excellence, and who can work to scale.
A big part of our job is creating and updating strategic DevOps tools built on AWS technology. We use these tools across Amazon to deploy, monitor and operate the hundreds of thousands of services that power our highly distributed architecture. Our tools include orchestration, predictive analytics, monitoring, problem diagnosis and automated repair. These let us deploy configurations that intelligently manage how traffic flows through our highly distributed architecture to our delighted customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working with Linux systems
• Experience with network fundamentals (including load balancers, switches, routers, etc.)
• Ability to design, implement, maintain and deploy components that solve problems in a complex ecosystem.
• Coding experience
• Strong written & verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non-technical individuals
• Experience with managing AWS infrastructure
• Experience with eCommerce retail website
• Detail-oriented, passionate, and able to deliver results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.