|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Freight is a transportation service provider for external shippers that uses the logistics network we built for Amazon to deliver freight safely, on time and at competitive costs. We offer shippers access to the same network of carriers, technology infrastructure and tools that Amazon uses to move thousands of loads daily. Businesses of all sizes have access to the costs and levels of service of one of the largest shippers in the world. Amazon Freight spins Amazon's broader flywheel by helping minimize empty miles by bringing in freight that flows complementary to our existing network.
Amazon Freight Operations Overview
Amazon Freight Operations and Support (AFOPS) is the Pan- European team that handles Amazon Freight's Shipper Support and Transportation Execution. We are responsible for planning and scheduling the transport orders placed by our customers (Shippers), and providing them with support at each step of their journey. We play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Freight's European transportation network and have a direct impact on Shipper Experience.
Interim Customer Support Supervisor Overview
We are seeking a Team Manager with very good knowledge of both English and German, who will lead our fully virtual team in Poland.
By joining this temporary role, you will have a chance to learn a lot about logistics and amazon operations, challenge yourself with managing virtual team, and be part of creating Amazon Freight's European transportation network.
The position is based at your home office, so you will enjoy the full flexibility of that set up.
Please note this is a temporary role and is limited until September 2022.
An Interim Customer Support Supervisor is a people leader in a fast paced, dynamic and customer obsessed business. They are able to engage, direct and support a team of virtual Shipper support specialists whose role it is to safely and efficiently support customer shipments across the UK and Europe. The Interim Customer Support Supervisor is responsible for customer outcomes delivered via a virtual contact centre environment.
An experienced people leader who understands customer centricity and operational management and can combine both into a world class customer offering.
The candidate should be customer obsessed! We are looking for candidates with experience in leading people in a customer contact environment, with experience in both inbound and outbound communication channels.
• Independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and step in to resolve them before they become customer impacting.
• Bring a department and company-wide perspective to decision making and have strong business acumen with experience of managing key performance indicators.
• Leverage your people leader experience to guide the team through excellent communication, decision making, coaching and personal development planning.
• Interrogate processes and identify pain points to improve the customer journey and operational efficiency.
• Confidently manage customers and customer escalations, showing empathy, actively listening and resolving issues.
• Prioritise competing projects across an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-functional project.
• 3+ years experience in customer facing roles across operations / supply chain / logistics / e-commerce or similar.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and German.
• Analytical skills to extract and assess data and trends using both quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques (intermediate Excel - VLOOKUP/INDEX/MATCH, text functions, pivot tables, customize graphs )
• Comfortable with a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. Creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service.
• Flexible to adapt to support a 24-7 operating environment.
• Advanced Excel / Basic SQL
• Fluent in additional languages (French, Spanish)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.