|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
At Amazon, delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority. The Resource Planning Team ensures Amazon's Fulfillment Centers have robust and cost optimal labor plans while constantly innovating in a number of areas aimed at improving our customers' experience. This person will work with stakeholders and data sources to recommend on-going hourly staffing plans and shift structures in all of our European Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, analytical and technical person who will relentlessly dive deep, improving the accuracy and efficiency of the planning process.
An analyst will be expected to influence network level strategic decisions through partnering with senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess both an analytical background that enables them to support network planning and demonstrate the ability to think broadly and strategically about operational initiatives. They will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. They will work in lock-step with multiple business teams including FC operations' leadership, HR, finance leadership, supply chain, transportation and the software development team in Seattle.
• Interacting with and influencing business and finance customers to gather and present data.
• Supporting with input forecasting using trend analysis and statistical modeling to drive decision making.
• Be responsible for the Production Planning as well as cost and service optimization for the MENA network
• Building short/medium and long term operational plans to minimize variable costs associated with staffing
• Analyzing and solving business problems with focus on understanding root causes and driving forward-looking opportunities
• Communicating complex analysis and insights to stakeholders and business leaders, both verbally and in writing.
• Participate in global operational and production planning initiatives and project roll outs to cater to growing business needs
• Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network
• A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, IT, or finance based field
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong sense of ownership and customer obsession
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems
• Ability to build scalable analytical models
• Ability to apply basic statistical techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing)
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Experience utilizing SQL/VBA
• Experience with performance metrics
• Direct experience in quantitative research or analyses
• Master's degree (Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field)
• Experience in Operations, Supply Chain