|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Employer: Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Position: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Conduct strategic, quantitative and deep-dive data/information analytics to lead the development, execution, implementation and support of innovative programs, process/road maps, frameworks and objectives that expands global infrastructure operations, procurement controls, and inventory management systems.
2. Identify current state by coordinating across organizations to identify paths toward desired end-state and developing appropriate actionable plans.
3. Serve as a point of contact between internal customers (GPC / Logistics) and systems development teams in development of use cases and driving planning and prioritization of tool development.
4. Provide governance to include development of guidelines, policies, procedures and training to ensure end-user adherence to tool workflows and ensuring information integrity.
5. Conduct analysis and assessment of tools data and information integrity, deep dive into root cause and develop action plan to cleanse current information and process to address workflow gaps and leverage data into actionable information and metrics.
6. Provide governance and leadership in development of consistent definitions and metrics so as to create actionable, information-rich metrics packages and dashboards.
7. Work with local teams and business partners to create and execute action plans to improve spares inventory utilization efficiency.
8. Interface with other key organizations that contribute to AWS spares inventory (both front-end buying decisions and back-end consumption and/or liquidation of under-utilized spares).
9. Provide business case analysis and draft proposals for ensuring optimization of tools and inventory spares across both server and network systems lifecycle management.
10. Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects.
11. Develop strategic relationships cross company to ensure optimal use of resources.
12. Innovate within the space creating, automating or improving tools or processes that support better management of vendors and associated spends within the data center environment.
13. Work with colleagues to report team metrics, identify and develop additional or improved metrics to assess and measure team performance and effectiveness.
14. Partner with various operations and key internal stakeholders, including GPC, Logistics, Data Center Operations (DCO), Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement (ISCaP), Network, and AWS systems development teams to support new business initiatives, inventory & physical materials management & business controls, server rack deployment and lifecycle maintenance; and guide the direction of procurement activities, and improve the supply chain with the latest internal and external information.
15. Present detailed data-driven business reviews to the senior management team, focused on measuring the impact and performance to create revolutionary supply chains.
Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline and 2 years of experience in supply chain management or logistics management, or infrastructure operations. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Engineering, Business Administration, Operations Research, Supply Chain Management or a related discipline and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate experience in supply chain management or logistics management, or infrastructure operations.
Experience must include:
1. 2 years of experience in systems design engineering, program management, global supply chain, and/or data center operations for creating, iterating, and improving global supply chain, ERP systems and/or business intelligence tools.
2. 2 years of experience in qualitative/quantitative data analysis and business modeling to support business decision-making using SQL, Excel and internal data warehousing tools.
3. 2 years of project management experience leading successful global cross-functional initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.