|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon is seeking a Sr. Category Manager to join the Ops Robotics Supply Chain team to support the Advanced Technology group. The role will focus on delivering supply chain solutions to support the development of automation technologies. This role will be focused on supplier development and leading strategic sourcing engagements to enable new technology initiatives from concept to full production. Successful candidates will be able to influence and form strong partnerships with business leaders and drive operational excellence while managing multiple complex and competing priorities simultaneously. Sr. Category Managers are expert practitioners in the tools for creating competitive environments and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. This role will support internal stakeholders in both Europe and North America.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
• Develop global sourcing strategies to deliver business objectives for internal clients, and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
• Work closely with Engineering and Program Managers to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, cost, and business objectives.
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis.
• Develop a category/supply base roadmap, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Manage the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
• Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
• Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with Amazon's global policies.
• Responsible for executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, supplier performance, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability, cost, and quality improvements.
• Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, and technical improvements.
• Responsible for ASL (Approved Supplier List) for category and supplier selection.
• Periodic travel up to 30% and can include international travel.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field.
• 10+ years' experience in supplier / supply chain management.
• Supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in the sourcing of complex systems.
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement and/or Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Master's Degree (MBA/MS)
• Proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
• Extensive knowledge of the basic types of commercial agreement structures and the function and purpose of key legal terms. Ability to assess risk and concisely explain complex issues to principal business owners.
• Experience sourcing capital equipment, automation, or complex systems.
• Ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills; fluent in English.
• Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems.
• Analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .