|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Launch Procurement team manages the flow of materials to new sites by monitoring and mitigating supply risk. Our Sr. Manager, Procurement role within Amazon Logistics (AMZL) will define and own the supply chain capability, procurement strategy and cost saving initiatives of the AMZL Procurement team. You will develop key innovation activities, promote sustainable procurement, enhance the capability of the Procurement teams and promote the Procurement function internally and externally. You will be the trusted advisor in creating the procurement of tomorrow and work side-by-side with your stakeholders to deliver the best end customer experience.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Own and lead overall supply chain outlook for non-inventory goods for all new launches across various building types.
• Partner with internal customers (Design, Engineering, Launch, Finance) to positively influence strategy and direction
• Drive execution of vision and goals for the team
• Define key performance indicators - develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives
• Manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Continuously improve current processes
• Identify and/or eliminate project related barriers for team members and partners
• Establish initial procurement order streams to match supply with demand.
• Collaborate with suppliers and establish monitoring processes, where applicable, to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
• Ensure Procurement's resource requirements are met in all new site launches
• Interface with across regional Sourcing team to implement best practices and ensure consistency across buildings
• Travel up to 20%
• Bachelor's degree within Engineering, Business, or related field
• Extensive experience as a project/program manager
• Extensive experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
• Extensive managerial experience
• Proven experience in procurement and/or purchasing
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
• MBA or advanced degree within Engineering, Business, or related fields.
• Experience leading and supporting across geographies
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation.
• Advanced data analysis skills; the ability to extract and synthesize data in order to make data-backed business decisions