|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Partner Solutions Architect who is passionate about helping our partners build infrastructures and applications at scale. Our solutions architects are aspiring technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. As a solutions architect, you will work directly with some of our largest and fastest growing partners to reduce risk and enable innovation through technical reviews, speaking engagements and workshops.
You will have experience leading architecture discussions and have hands on experience. You will partner with a number of AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of our services.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure partner success in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
• Lead architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and proof of concepts.
• Build relationships with senior technical individuals internally and externally to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS Solutions Architect community.
For this role, you are the voice of the partner and the customer. This principle is critical to the success of this role to make sure the right services are leveraged while building safe, durable and relevant solutions for customers. We work with a broad set of partners that solve interesting problems. This role requires you to dive into a partner's solution, continue to learn about how our services work, and how partners use our solutions. Be passionate about building on your technical foundation.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree.
• AWS Solution Architect Associate Certification or equivalent experience
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
This role can be based in Seattle as a first preference; potential for West coast based as well. Up to 30% travel is required once it's safe to travel.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records