|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Would you like to define and deliver the solutions to drive the next generation of Advertising and Data-Driven Marketing solutions delivered by Amazon Advertising? Do you have the architecture experience, combined with the business background, deep technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Advertising industry?
This is a pivotal opportunity to be part of a cross-functional team focused on delivering groundbreaking innovation and best-of-breed advertising technology for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include helping to articulate our technical strategy in the Advertising & Data-driven Marketing area, identifying key trends from customers and the market, and define the solutions and architecture to provide customers with solutions for their needs. The role would entail identifying and engaging key strategic integration and solutions partners, and build the technical relationships with industry thought leaders and key prospect/customers.
In order to architect solutions for customers or enable partners to deliver solutions, you will need to be a visionary architect specializing not only in Advertising but also data and systems architectures. You also understand how to utilize machine learning to help drive high-value solutions, and will be directly involved in architecting both data lakes and models on top of the data. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help create these solutions on AWS services to facilitate direct ownership by our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong builder background, deep technical knowledge and exceptional architecture skills that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of Advertising & Marketing companies, as well as having the presence and wherewithal to easily communicate the benefits of specific designs, services, and cloud computing to the platform architects, infrastructure architects, engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams.
The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with very high volume, low latency, cost optimized workloads in a cloud native environment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Together with technology leaders from AWS, develop the strategic technology plan, and define the associated solutions and architectures to accelerate customer time to value.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases for the Advertising & Data-driven Marketing industry, and developing technical solutions using Advertising APIs combined with AWS services that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third-party or partner solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community understand both the use cases and technology involved across the portfolio. Works with the training, marketing and sales/partner enablement teams to help develop the necessary technical skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Responsible for establishing technical credibility with customers, and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customers and partners across the industry.
- Demonstrates thought leadership in the Advertising space, and is able to credibly represent us at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Applications, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of leading large-scale projects.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in a senior technical leader or architect role within the industry.
- Must have 5 years architecting advertising solutions, including in the domain of programmatic advertising.
- Must have 5 years delivering cloud-native solutions.
- Experience in complex, API-first and service-oriented software development.
- Must have intimate experience with very high volume and low latency platform requirements.
- Deep technical knowledge of data and systems technologies is required, including: machine learning, networks and network security, data pipelines, databases, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present ideas clearly and compellingly.
- Advanced Technical degree (MS or equivalent) highly desired; or equivalent background.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, SIs and ISVs.
- Hands-on experience delivering large projects.
- Demonstrated industry efficiency in the fields of cloud native architecture.
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Customer facing skills to represent advertising technology within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Desire and ability to interact with different levels of the organization from development to C-Level executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.