|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Our Professional Services teams are on the front line of helping customers succeed using AWS technologies that align with the new ways of managing people and rearchitecting critical processes to complement the new cloud paradigm.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Big Data Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with a sales leader to dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
The role is a unique hybrid of pre-sales expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Do you have what it takes to bring yourself, your customers, and your team to the next level?
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming in the area of Big Data and Analytics.
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization-leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
• 10+ years of systems development and deployment experience with MPP Databases and distributed query engines
• Implementation and tuning experience with various frameworks in the Big Data Ecosystem such as Presto, Apache Spark, Apache Hive and Impala
• 5+ years experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
• Bachelor's Degree
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Deep understanding of Apache Big Data stack such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive with a track record of being involved in these Apache Open-source projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Big Data related technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.