|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - California|
\\This job would allow for residence in Southern California.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Higher Education market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Amazon Web Services is expanding into the U.S. Public Sector market, and the Higher Education group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Executive to focus on Higher Education with some of our key accounts. The ideal candidate has sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. S/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. The Enterprise Sales Executive will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. S/he will must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and industry vertical.
• Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
• Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
• Accelerate customer adoption.
• Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
• Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
• Manage contract negotiations.
• Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Limited to moderate travel
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience.
• Direct field experience in working with enterprise accounts within Higher Education or Public Sector.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• A technical background in engineering, computer science, MBA or Management Information Systems
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Extensive customer network.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.