|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Devices is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire tablet and TV. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Sr Technical Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
• Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
• Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery.
• Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines. Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control.
• Bachelor degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience required.
• 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program / project management in a consumer electronics environment.
• Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets.
• Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Demonstrable experience in project management, and coordinating / driving release schedules.
• Masters or advanced technical degree desired.
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities;
• Knowledge with Android device (phone, tablet etc) kernel/BSP development experience and project management experience is a strong plus;
• Knowledge in smart TV development is a strong plus
• Previous working experience as software developer is a plus.