|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have strong program management, IT infrastructure and/or programming experience, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we'd like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join AWS to manage new region builds across the globe. In this role, your primary responsibility will be supporting AWS global expansion as a technical program manager supporting new AWS region builds.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Service Teams, Infrastructure and Business Development to design and deliver new AWS regions. You will collaborate with Product Teams to design solutions that make efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to develop schedules that ensure timely launch of new regions. You will assess risks, anticipate issues, overcome technical obstacles, make difficult trade-off decisions, and balance business needs and technical constraints.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail oriented, and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of distributed system design and delivery. You will successfully represent program status senior leadership. Your program management expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions and drive secure and scalable solutions. You should be passionate about delivering great customer experiences and researching and developing new region build methodologies.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
"This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us."
• 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development.
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
• 5+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
Have Questions, Wish to apply, have someone to refer?
contact Tracy Fifer directly: email@example.com
• Comfort and experience with cross-organizational communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience in prioritizing and managing large scale enterprise projects using project management tools
• Demonstrated experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations.
• Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Can independently identify down-stream programmatic and technical risks/opportunities (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate tech resource before they become project threatening.
• Hands-on experience in an engineering role (e.g. Software developer, Network engineer, Systems Engineer)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.