|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Please note: this position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
The External Security Services (ESS) Praetoria team at AWS is looking for a cleared Technical Program Manager to help enhance our suite of services for our isolated customer community. We are innovating new ways of improving features for our customers and developing deployment systems for rapid delivering of these systems to our customers.
Our team provides AWS' Intelligence Community customers with services designed around Amazon's internal security posture to improve their security experience. Our main products include:
• GuardDuty, a cloud intrusion detection service that detects unauthorized, malicious, or anomalous activity in a customer's AWS environment.
• Macie - identifies security risks in a customer's S3 and DDB configuration.
• Inspector - provides an overall assessment of the security posture of the system.
• Detective - uses log data from AWS resources to build a linked set of data that enables analysts to conduct faster and more efficient security investigations.
• Security Hub - generates a single dashboard view of current findings and recommendations from across Inspector, Macie, and GuardDuty.
As a Technical Program Manager on our team, you will work directly with software developers to understand their needs, and design solutions that enable developers to deploy software more quickly. You will demonstrate your passion for the security of the cloud and solve real business problems, collaborating with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve ESS delivery mechanisms.
We are looking for someone who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and demonstrate a consistent track record of delivery. Our TPMs are proactive in removing roadblocks, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals.
As a TPM in AWS Security you will be responsible for a set of long term security outcomes. Your day to day job responsibilities will include:
• Identify functional and technical requirements collecting inputs from business, security, and technical teams
• Design tooling, drive process improvements and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges
• Build technical designs and program plans to implement desired delivery outcomes
• Work across teams at AWS to refine your plans and obtain buy-in
• Execute the program, providing status to engineers, Sr. leaders on a regular basis
• Handle business escalations with a data-driven approach to build trust with engineers and Sr. leaders.
We are looking for leaders who like to solve problems, and remove obstacles. If you are looking for the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology, please apply!
To request more information, please contact Dan Hunt at email@example.com. Please note, the clearance requirement is mandatory.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of experience in technical leadership roles (e.g. technical program management, systems architecture, software engineering, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 3+ years of technical project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, mathematics, or other related fields or relevant work experience
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 3+ years of experience with engagement and working with security stakeholders
• Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Have experience leading a highly technical team
• Demonstrate innovative delivery approaches in non-traditional IT environments
• Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
• Have experience driving security programs across large diverse organizations
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have experience in the development of security products
• Are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.