|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This position can be based in Seattle or San Francisco.
The Team: Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly-collaborative startup like environment. We are a group of innovators and builders, working on a confidential project in early start-up phase.
The Role: You own end-to-end development and innovation for a foundational product portfolio focused on fulfillment automation. In addition to driving prioritization, roadmap planning, product development, and new feature launch, you will own the long-term product vision and roadmap. You must be customer obsessed, curious, and collaborative. To execute on your roadmap, you will work extensively with engineering, operations, and design teams. You will own key decisions across hardware and software, and work closely with engineering teams to drive development efforts. You will need to be equally at home understanding and championing the needs of your end customers, as well as comfortable navigating high degrees of ambiguity. You have strong judgement and can deliver results in iterations, with the long-term vision in mind.
The Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have experience building products from the ground up. This person will need to make order out of chaos and have good instincts. They need to anticipate risks before they occur and be a self-starter to drive mitigations before anyone knows there is a problem. They need to be strong communicators and highly organized to manage large-scale projects that span multiple teams and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Lead the fulfillment automation strategy and product portfolio for a new concept
• Define strategic, creative, high quality product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
• Drive product development efforts, including research, requirements definition, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, and launch efforts.
• Write business and product requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
• Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• 5+ years of product management experience with a track record of successfully shipping products
• 5+ years of experience working with business teams, operations, logistics, and hardware + software; demonstrated ability to deliver product innovation that optimizes selection.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related field
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Proven success in delivering technology products/services
• Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, and other data analysis tools
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience working on multiple product lines that span both software and hardware
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.