|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
This is an opportunity to be a part of the Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Operations (Infra-Ops) Global Availability team. The Availability team delivers reliable solutions, systems, processes, and products that ensure data center infrastructure (electrical power and cooling) services are maintained with uninterrupted service. The scope of the role will be to develop new technology to support AWS Infra-Ops vision so that the team can ensure that the right work is safely performed at the right time by the right technician.
We are seeking an experienced and creative Sr Technical Program Manager to solve innovative problems via business process and technology innovations. They will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of a multi-year program vision. They will work with senior product and engineering leaders to define strategy and requirements. They will design, coordinate, and execute technical solutions that scale globally. Managing numerous complex systems and organizations, they will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs between business vs. technical constraints, clearly communicate goals, roles, and responsibilities. Working cross-functionally, they will identify and secure commitment from tech teams across the company for new initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading large projects end-to-end. They will own the team efforts to coordinate and unify road maps and technical direction across multiple complex Risk and Compliance systems. They will also identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive the long term strategy. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
We are looking for strong business owners who can Think Big, Deliver Results, and leaders who are ready to make long lasting impact. They should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery time for new products and features is typically measured in months.
The successful candidate is able to:
• Manage Operational relationships with support teams and internal operations business partners to drive increases performance
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Effectively interact and collaborate with Customers, Project Sponsors, Technical Product Managers and multiple internal teams to define and deliver complex solutions
• Proactively recognize and drive opportunities to simplify processes
• Contribute to and influence technical designs
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large, complex technical projects and programs
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate program information to stakeholders
• Travel up to 25%
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6+ years' program management or project management experience
• 4+ years' experience on Infor EAM v11.4 or higher software package or equivalent Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including: enterprise software configuration, dashboard development using Cognos, Business Objects or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reporting tools
• 2+ years' experience in people management
• Ability to solve complex technical problems and design robust, scalable solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions Proven leadership and teamwork skills
• Master's Degree or Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience writing SQL Flex Business Rules and/or SQL Stored Procedures
• Experience supporting business intelligence (BI) needs by summarizing and reporting key analytical findings
• Experience of one full cycle of end-to-end software implementation
• Experience leading cross-organizational programs or projects