|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
The Amazon Music Personalization team in Berlin, Germany is looking for a talented Principal Technical Program Manager to help shape our growing organisation, processes, and execution to efficiently deliver personalized customer experiences across Amazon Music's visual and voice-based applications. You will work closely with product and software development teams in our team and the wider Music organisation to deliver the best personalization experiences with efficient use of machine learning technology. You will make strong business cases for project prioritization and investment, anticipate bottlenecks and risks in our machine learning applications, and structure and oversee execution on multiple programs. If you enjoy working on problems in a dynamic environment, and have a positive impact on the daily lives of millions of customers, we want to talk to you!
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new programs in the coming year.
• Define processes, tenets for efficient execution on programs, including technical execution, resourcing, cost/benefit tracking
• Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale personalization initiatives.
• Oversee agile engineering and design teams to coordinate, prioritize and deliver to a daring roadmap
• Understand service interdependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
• Support and enhance existing products with thoughtful and measurable impact
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
• Experience managing programs, projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years' experience with complex technology programs involving data analysis, research, and software engineering
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Experience with delivery on large, cross-functional customer-oriented programs
• Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
• Experience in leading programs around data-intensive, large-scale software systems, that involve multiple teams
• Experience in developing and deploying scalable machine learning applications
• Experience building and launching consumer software products for web, mobile or desktop platforms
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and oversee engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
• Consistent record of achieving program objectives on schedule, on budget and meeting quality criteria
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.