|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
A Sr. Product Manager - Tech focused on mechanical infrastructure and support systems for data centers creates and drives new product and technology development initiatives enabling continuous innovation within our rapidly expanding global data center fleet. This role provides a unique opportunity to engage with advanced cloud infrastructure solutions and the exceptional people that develop them. The Sr. Product Manager with mechanical infrastructure focus utilizes their expertise to:
• Engage with internal and external Amazon customers and support teams to gain insights and capture critical structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and power needs for the business today and in the future
• Utilize those insights to identify specific product requirements, create a product vision, and own the product development roadmap for critical segments of the data center infrastructure
• Coordinate between multiple teams to develop compelling business cases to substantiate business value, define product prioritization, and outline resources required to implement product roadmaps
• Drive continuous improvement within our business by evaluating benefits and drawbacks of potential solutions and communicating clear direction to Sr. Management
• Own and drive the complete product lifecycle from idea conception through implementation and wide scale deployment to eventual deprecation
• Identify opportunities for product and process improvements and develop deployment strategies for both new and existing infrastructure
• Evaluate opportunities to deploy new and emerging infrastructure technologies with a focus on speed, cost reduction, and environmental responsibility
• Work independently in a high pressure environment with all levels of leadership and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist
Amazon's vision is to be the world's most customer-centric company, and this role is key to that vision. These technologies are essential for meeting our customers' expectations for service and value and meeting Amazon's goals for efficiency, speed, and reliability as we continue expanding our data centers at hyper-scale speed. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in data center technology. We will rely on your ability to understand the customers' needs and build them into the overall product design and develop the strategy. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and a bias for action. The impact of the changes are broad, so you will need to think big as you set the direction for the team. As an ideal candidate, you:
• Are passionate about understanding customers' needs
• Have passion for product development, infrastructure design, and can focus on increased reliability
• Are great at solving problems
• Have the ability to led multiple products/projects at different stages while staying organized
• Earn trust and relationships with different stakeholders (e.g., Engineering, Product Development, Finance, Operations)
• Are comfortable addressing and resolving ambiguity
• Recognize and appreciate diversity of thought and perspectives
Each day you will interact with different teams responsible for engineering, product development, finance, integration, and operation of these complex technology programs. You prioritize your activities to support data center product development, identify and resolve problems and blockers, and focus on the actions that are most impactful for product success.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Technical Product Manager in Zagreb, Croatia - location and schedule are flexible. If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenge of innovative projects at hyper-scale size, this job is for you!
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field from an accredited university
• 5+ years relevant work experience in or working with mission critical facilities
• 5+ years of product management experience or similar with demonstrated expertise in developing product concepts, creating road maps and business proposals, finding solutions and successfully launch products.
• 5+ years of product development experience in cooling and other mechanical systems for data centers or other mission critical facilities.
• 7+ years in product, program, and technical leadership for large scale strategic initiatives in data center infrastructure domain
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering and or MBA or similar field from an accredited university
• Experience writing documents on business requirements for new products, product development proposals, process improvement initiatives and/or product roadmaps for electrical solutions.
• Advanced understanding of global equipment standards, including global certification agency (UL/CSA/CE/IEC) requirements for products and solutions.
• Familiarity with the design and operation of cooling systems utilizing evaporative cooling, direct expansion and direct liquid cooling
• Product innovation experience
• Financial modeling and P&L development for products
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.