|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Want to work in a dynamic and agile environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? In this role, you will be a technical leader with a massive impact. If you are a self-starter, enjoy building large scale distributed systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, look no further. The WW Audience Targeting Team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon's ad solutions. Based in the beautiful cities of Edinburgh, Seattle and Boulder, our teams are developing innovations to support advertisers at a massive scale. We are responsible for defining and delivering audience targeting products to help advertisers plan media, gain insights about customer behaviors, create audience strategies, and more. Our products are at the heart of our display advertising business. We ensure that billions of ads served are relevant to our customers. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into advertising.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join us as a full-time Senior Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM). As a Sr. TPM in the Amazon Advertising team, you will contribute to the development of the next generation products which will enable new and innovative advertising experiences. The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management background. You must be comfortable working with both service-oriented architectures, and large, complex data sets. You thrive on solving tough problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying technical skills and program management practices to deliver solutions that scale and perform. You will also have a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You must have a diverse set of unblocking tools and mechanisms, resulting in an ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of your overall organization. You must be able to thrive in both start-up and more mature business environments, be truth seeking, and be willing to not only operate strategically, but be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done yourself. No idea is too big for you to consider, and no task is too small for you to deliver on.
A Senior Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, Product Managers and senior management to help create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• Architectural design or system design experience independent of an architect
• Technical program management experience
• Experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
• High judgement, superior negotiating skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities.
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Experience with modern software development practices including Agile, automated testing, refactoring, continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Ability to dive deep in understanding products, our business, and the technical landscape.
• Passion for building technology that delivers outstanding customer experiences
• Familiarity with digital advertising and associated technology
• Computer Science degree or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically. Experience of making smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
• Software engineering experience with building and operating Internet-scale services and applications.
The pay range for this position in Colorado starts at 122,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.