|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs
As customers around the world move to the cloud, we are in need of effective Product Managers to understand how customers in different geographies, deploy manage and pay for their current infrastructure and how EC2 should adjust our product capabilities and positioning to fit the unique needs of our global customer base.
With Amazon EC2, companies run their systems in the cloud with complete control, reliably, at scale, and only pay for the capacity they actually use. The EC2 Efficiency team helps make the cloud more elastic and scalable through programs and demand shaping services that free up capacity and increase customer satisfaction. We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager excelling in automation and analytical skills to join our team, and lead an EC2 Capacity, Efficiency and Optimization effort and drive customer engagement automation to the next level. The person in this role will help develop and drive strategies that will influence how both internal and external teams use EC2.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who has a passion for building hyper-scale cloud products to help ensure we have EC2 capacity in the right place, at the right time for our Customers. As a member of the EC2 Capacity team, you will help build our worldwide EC2 capacity strategy as well as new features designed to optimize availability of compute resources for our customers.
In this role you will play a pivotal role defining product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and dedicated to the needs of our customers. Given the breadth of the EC2 service this role will require coordination across many internal teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with the largest AWS services and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents. The team is results oriented, and has dedicated engineering resources focused on reinventing the way our customers automate and scale their EC2 resources.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager for EC2 Capacity, you will:
• Have a passion for developer-focused products and work to understand our customers inside and out
• Can think big, are able to break down the big picture, and deliver on goals that will get us there
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to execution
• Have an instinctive understanding of a good product, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking among team members with reasoned, data-driven analysis
• Can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
• Can think long-term, can balance conflicting interests, and converge on outcomes that earn trust and customer loyalty
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of product management experience targeting technical customers
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• MS in Computer Science / Engineering/ Mathematics or equivalent
• 5+ years experience building web services and multi-tier systems
• Experience designing and building products from scratch
• Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple priorities
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and proven ability to influence senior leadership (Director, VP) level
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss deep technical concepts, scheduled tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.