|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to innovate on behalf of customers within the payments and financial systems of one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world? The Payments Acceptance and Experience team is responsible for accelerating product launches for new payment products and paying experiences across Amazon. We are seeking an experienced product manager to develop solutions that improve the paying experience of our customers while accelerating growth and speed to market of new payment features for Amazon.
As a Sr Product Manager - Tech, you will drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions that reduces friction for customers purchasing items on Amazon websites and internal teams who are impacted by payments processes. You will be responsible for developing a strategy, prioritizing initiatives, defining product requirements, and coordinating cross functional project resources. You will need to be able to collaborate with a diverse set of business and service owners within Amazon as well as external payment service providers. Success in this role is evidenced by accelerating speed to market for internal and external customers while reducing operational burden for internal customers.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong background in product development and the ability to communicate and influence a large range of stakeholders including senior management, product development, system engineering, accounting and business teams. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of driving multiple initiatives simultaneously and is customer-focused, with a desire to solve complex, technical problems that impact customers. This role places a premium on someone who is effective at simplifying complex problems, identifying areas for innovation through third parties and leading developers to launch new products and technology.
Day to Day:
• Own a backlog of features, partnerships, and other capabilities designed to accelerate Amazon's payment products, globally.
• Provide strategic and pro-active guidance to internal Amazon businesses and stakeholders on new partnership opportunities.
• Pitch ideas and capabilities to senior level decision makers
• Evaluate and recommend product and service enhancements that improve the payment acceptance and overall customer experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• 10+ years in product management or equivalent experience
• Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members using both written and oral communications
• Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
• Thrives under pressure and working to aggressive timelines
• Agile product development experience
• Ability to handle the 'hands-on' day-to-day management of tasks, resolve problems and issues, and implement action plans to meet objectives.