|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the customer experience. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is we've only just begun.
Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for a Seasonal IT Equipment Coordinator in our Fulfillment Center (FC). FC;s throughout the U.S. handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ship them across the globe each day. The successful Seasonal IT Equipment Coordinator will be responsible for providing assistance to the operations team by maintaining IT inventory, coordinating ordering, delivery, and audits of assets assigned to the IT department, and maintaining general standardized housekeeping of all IT areas. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to work hard, have fun, and join us in making worldwide history.
Responsibilities include allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fulfillment Center. IT Equipment Coordinators are also responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty. The IT Equipment Coordinator is a member of the larger IT team within the Fulfillment Center and will specifically support the Junior and Senior Technicians in daily projects and activities as directed. This position reports directly to the IT manager for the fulfillment center.
• Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms
• Experience with inventory management and asset tracking
• Experienced background with computers troubleshooting and repair
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Stand/walk for 10-12 hours at a time
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, holidays, and rotating shifts from days to nights
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• Must be able to bend and lift equipment throughout the shift
• Experience in maintaining inventory levels including storage and procurement
• Experience troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
• Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers and zebra printers
• Excellent customer service abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and customer-centric
• Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives