|Category||Human Resources||Job type||Full Time|
Are you excited about building high visibility, impactful, technical innovation from the ground up, that completely changes the work eligibility experience for millions of people? We are looking for an engineering leader who is passionate about building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on all Amazonians.
Amazon is building the world's most customer-obsessed Immigration platform. Our new Immigration management system enables Amazonians to serve Amazonians - from offer to exit by integrating with other employee services tools. The new system manages and provides a 360-degree view of an employee's visa and work sponsorship journey from pre-hire to post hire stage. By offering a combination of self-service and automated modules, integrating with cross systems, it reduces administrative friction, cost, error, and overall immigration policy compliance risks faced by the employees and the company. Unlike other commercial off-the-shelf software, our custom Immigration Management System provides case management, self-service portal and immigration compliance assessment features that enables Amazon's increasing need and ability to hire talent globally.
You will own the design and delivery of a product suite, support and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and a world class customer experiences. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and extensible. You are responsible for hiring the top talent team of software developers and manage, retain and optimize the development team for efficiency, quality and repeatable delivery. This role sets a high bar for developers to aspire to, creates velocity through reusable processes and designs, optimizes for speed while ensuring quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about setting the standard for engineering excellence, building software solutions, have strong software development, systems and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating technical plans to driving software development. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership is a must. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
• Working backwards with business to define and drive creative product features and capabilities that enhance and delight customers.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
• Lead and partner with multiple development team for successful execution of the software solutions.
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning and tactical execution.
• Work with software development managers, TPMs and business to translate product/business requirements into development specifications within the agile development process
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple teams from design to rollout.
• Translate key insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for product improvements
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
• Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation trade offs.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels.
• Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
• Experience managing and leading team of senior developers and technical program managers.
• Superior project management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, high quality document and report preparation.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others
• Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, and process optimization.
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.