|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to help secure web services by implementing cryptography at scale? Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need. We enable customers to confidently move sensitive workloads to the cloud where they can benefit from strong security controls that help meet internal and external compliance requirements. Come join a creative team dedicated to keeping millions of customers' data safe!
The AWS Key Management Service provides encryption and key management services with strong customer demand. We are looking for an experienced software developer with a passion for security and interest in practical cryptography to join us in building the most secure services in AWS. Our systems protect customer keys and accelerate use of cryptography in all AWS services.
You should have experience developing customer-centric systems and a passion for delivering secure software solutions using scalable, distributed architecture. Along with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists you will discover and solve the new interesting challenges of growing and operating a globally distributed cryptographic security service.
Your responsibilities include:
- working on a massively scalable digital security system that is core to all AWS services.
- designing, implementing, and testing new features for AWS Cryptography.
- operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers.
- working as part of a team to develop solutions for our customers.
- owning one of the most secure and reliable services in all of AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/" #AWSCrypto
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
• Demonstrated experience collaborating with other developers to deliver complex projects
• Strong and creative problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security
• Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, source control management, and operations
• Distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
• Experience with large scale systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us