|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Are you driven by a desire to invent and simplify? Do you love working on projects that provide tangible value to product teams? Are you passionate about increasing the quality of Amazon's products and services? Do you love engineering robust solutions to solve day to day challenges? The Amazon Consumables Private Brands team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) for testing and automation of exciting new products.
The Team: The Amazon Accelerator program is designed to enable established manufacturers to rapidly launch their products on Amazon. Accelerator participants create Amazon-exclusive brands that they own and manufacture their entire catalog of products under these brands. This program is in start-up mode and looking for a passionate quality assurance engineer to ensure highest quality for the product and its services.
The Role: Quality Assurance Engineers at Amazon test cutting edge applications and products at the user level and code level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs are not pure black box testers, they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with Scripting tools and/or user-level automated tools. QAEs at Amazon are excellent individual contributors capable of taking up tasks from start to completion with minimal help. QAEs would be responsible for understanding the domain and the product in detail and coming up with the test strategy/planning, coming up with the test cases, driving the test case sign-off processes with the stakeholders, contributing to code level unit tests, test execution and reporting.
Our Culture and You: We love challenging problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation, and think big to build solution extensible enough to handle existing and upcoming use cases.
• 3+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution of highly complex systems.
• Ability to design and plan testing conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience in writing clean scripts/code quickly. Preferably Java coding.
• Experience in various automations tools and frameworks.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
• Strong organisational skills, able to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesise the results.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings to report on test progress, metrics, issues, and risks.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum.
• Automation framework development experience.