|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is looking for a Quality Assurance Manger to join an exciting new project team supporting a new, best in class product. The ideal candidate will be an experienced QA Manager with a manufacturing background who can review and support the activities of contract manufacturers. The successful candidate should be able to apply QA process, practice and principles to manufacturing process development and release processes to ensure product safety and effectiveness. The Quality Assurance Manager has focus on the customer and understands the importance of continuous quality improvement. He/She is dedicated to building a thriving and high performing team.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be the primary in-country point of contact for contract manufacturing activities and will collaborate on quality systems integration and product release activities with QA headquarters in the US.
• Manage and lead a small team of QA Engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery
• Coordinate process development and QC testing strategy, tools and process in line with globally approved framework to ensure the quality of the product and adherence to regulations
• Provide technical guidance for contract manufacturing organizations
• Provide feedback, rollout, and enforce best practice processes in the areas of process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) and appropriate change control and regression testing
• Support contract manufacturing organizations on quality issues such as: non-conforming product, supplier management, quality control inspections, review and approval of travelers, device history records, corrective and preventive action reports
• Recruit, interview and hire new QA engineers
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS / MS in engineering, sciences or related field
• 10+ years of overall experience in quality assurance
• 5+ years of experience managing a Manufacturing QA team with direct reports
• Excellent communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Prior experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .