|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
The AWS Security Incident Response team is seeking a focused Senior Security Engineer who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues in support of our National Security program. This engineer will work as a part of a growing team of security engineers who are focused on protecting the AWS infrastructure that is used by our national security customers. Our security engineers perform many duties during an average day: log analysis, incident response, forensics, system/tooling development, and risk assessment, just to name a few. You must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate risks. They also need to balance technical risks against business needs and be able to articulate risks and mitigations to members of leadership at various levels.
You should have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
You should be able to accomplish most of the following:
• Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
• Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
• Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
• Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
• Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
• Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years' equivalent technology experience.
• 7 years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
• Previous experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience working with industry standard SIEMs (Security information and event management products).
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, etc).
• Deep understanding of the AWS service catalog. Ideally, you have used AWS services in a production capacity.
• Experience with log analysis systems, like Splunk or ELK.
• Relevant certifications from Amazon Web Services or Splunk.
• Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux logging systems.
• Understanding of network protocols (TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTPS, TLS, etc)
• Understanding of high-level cryptography principles (PKI, encryption algorithms, etc)
• A sense of humor! We work hard to raise the security bar for our customers, but we also know how to laugh.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.