|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS is working with the U.S. Intelligence Community to launch innovative cloud computing solutions and the AWS Security Systems Operations team is tasked with protecting that infrastructure. Are you a Systems Development Engineer with experience in distributed systems and CI/CD methodologies; interested in using the latest cloud computing technologies? Join our mission to collaborate on, deploy, and support the systems that will raise the security bar for our National Security customers.
Please Note: This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Systems developers within our team are instrumental in creating, automating, deploying, and operating a massive always-on distributed system. We are seeking passionate engineers who pro-actively automate away problems and constantly look to improve our quality of service. You will work closely with security engineers and service development teams, sharing your collected expertise to solve new challenges.
We're recruiting engineers who are focused on operational excellence, enjoy troubleshooting complex issues, and are customer obsessed. To succeed in this role, you'll need to be experienced in Linux and the CLI, Networking Fundamentals, Bash and Python scripting, and general knowledge of operating large scale Cloud Services.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
For further inquiries about this role, please contact Dan Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of Linux System Administration & Engineering experience in a large-scale, mission-critical system, mechanizing Operations, Administration, and Maintenance with Bash or Python
• 3+ programming / scripting Python, Ruby, Go or other modern language
• 3+ networking (TCP, UDP, DNS, etc) and network troubleshooting of systems
• 3+ years of working within a DevOps team with CI/CD, Code and Configuration management tools following industry standard software development life cycle practices
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Deep understanding of architecting systems within AWS. Bonus points if you've got one of the AWS certifications, like Solutions Architect - Associate or SysOps Administrator - Associate or Developer - Associate.
• Basic understanding of security concepts, including encryption and application security best practices.
• An interest in learning more about security operations and incident response.
• A sense of humor! We work hard to raise the security bar for our customers, but we also know how to laugh.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.