|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Our team and technology are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
We need versatile, curious, and motivated engineers to help define the way we build and test our products and features in a start-up like environment. You will be the quality advocate and gatekeeper to enable delivery of high-quality software, in collaboration with top-notch research scientists, software developers, and hardware engineers. If you are passionate about pioneering new technologies for the real world, inventing something new, and delivering great software, we want to talk to you.
As a Systems Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join a team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned QAEs and SDETs in qualifying innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
• Review product functional requirements and design documents.
• Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented.
• Create test plans and test cases per requirements and design.
• Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products.
• Set up and maintain in-house test floors, stations and equipment.
• Perform testing on in-house test floors and occasionally at production FCs to ensure that all features have been manually tested prior to production deployment.
• Coordinate with the Development team to promote deployments from 1-box to production.
• Perform functional testing against emulated hardware.
• Find, isolate, document, and validate system or software defects.
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 3+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with at least one automated test framework like Selenium or Appium.
• Ability to write complex test scripts that are portable, re-usable, and maintainable.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impact and understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience in providing regular, detailed status report on project progress, including test cases executed, bugs discovered, and bugs fixed.
• Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.