|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
AWS is seeking a Security Assurance Principal who will drive the strategy that enables every customer, in every sector of Germany to trust AWS with their data. If you have a deep understanding of security, privacy and resilience and you are passionate about building and sustaining trust with our customers, then this role is for you.
You will think big, having accountability for security assurance of AWS services in your region, but you will sustain a bias for action and attention to detail that drives continuous rapid improvement. You will have a desire to learn and understand the complexities of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements across all sectors of your region. And you'll translate that understanding to teams in engineering, operations, audit, policy, legal and sales.
You'll recognise that success and value in security is measured by the pace of innovation, and the safe management of risk. You'll aspire to change the experience of security assurance to be more valuable and frictionless for all of our customers.
You will be comfortable supporting engagement with regulator and customer auditors, architects, security officers, lawyers and policy-makers. You will be proficient in understanding the diverse needs of regulators and government assurance agencies. You'll put the customer first, working at the centre of an extended team of specialists, program managers and engineers who are together working to earn and sustain the trust of our customers.
You will have a good understanding of cloud technologies, experience in security assurance and demonstrated success in driving innovative strategies to overcome obstacles.
If you are ready to bring all your experience, energy and talent to transform how security assurance in the cloud is experienced for our German customers, then we'd like to hear from you.
This position will be responsible for:
- Liaising with strategic regulators, customers and partners across public and commercial sectors on their perception and requirements for assurance;
- Guiding the requirements for new programs, features, evidence and operational changes to meet evolving requirements in regulated sectors;
- Innovating to develop mechanisms that continuously improve the customer experience of security assurance;
- Performing impact and market assessments of emerging compliance programs;
- Tracking and reporting on changes to security controls and requirements standards across the region; and
- Partnering with policy, legal, marketing and sales, contributing to initiatives that build the perception of trust in AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in work related to security assurance, such as cybersecurity, audit or security architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong program design and management skills
- Experience working on governance, risk and compliance programs that involve direct engagement with regulators
- Experience working with or consulting on cloud migrations with a security risk assessment or architectural focus
- Experience working with sensitive or classified systems of government.
- Demonstrated understanding of privacy, security and resilience requirements across regulated sectors of government, financial services and national critical infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.