|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Principal Business Development Leader, AWS Marketplace
AWS Marketplace (AWS MP) is looking for a Principal Business Development Leader within AWS Marketplace enabling multiple categories such as networking, security, containers, virtualization, hybrid cloud, SaaS and storage. In this position, you will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with existing, high-profile strategic ISV partners. You will be responsible for critical aspects of the AWS Marketplace business, influencing vendors' product strategy and delivering software in a new cloud model. You will identify short-term partner and product opportunities, while laying the groundwork for longer-term strategic vision and products to be added to the Marketplace. In addition, you will be responsible for defining the primary use cases for why AWS customers use the Marketplace to deploy joint ISV & AWS Marketplace category solutions.
AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog customers can use to find, buy, deploy, and manage third-party software, data, and services that customers need to build solutions and run their businesses. To learn more about Marketplace, our categories and the services we support, please visit: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
• Define and execute the AWS Marketplace strategic ISV selection strategy.
• Identify and recruit ISVs into the AWS Marketplace ecosystem which could include established technology vendors.
• Work with existing ISV product, business development, channel and field organizations to define and execute joint go to market programs.
• Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint IVS + AWS value proposition.
• Engage with ISV field organizations, channels and end customers to generate demand and revenue.
• Understand the technical requirements of strategic ISVs and serve as a conduit to AWS MP's internal product management and engineering teams to inform and influence the direction of AWS products and features.
• Prepare and present ISV business reviews to the AWS Executive Leadership team.
• Lead, negotiate and complete complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
Position can be based out of Seattle, Bay Area, or New York.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. There will be opportunities to work from home some days, as you will be traveling around 30% of the time with this role. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS business lines that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with key internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketplace Product Management & Engineering, AWS field teams, AWS Services (e.g. S3, EC2, Redshift), migration teams, services, legal, operations and support).
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Working with a team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skillsets to deliver results is exciting. Partnering with others in the organization is key to our long term success and is what helps frame our inclusive culture.
• STEM, or otherwise technical undergraduate degree
• 10+ years of partner experience at a Director level or above
• 5+ years working across software, ISV and channels ecosystems.
• MBA or Graduate degree
• Knowledge of Cloud computing technology (ideally AWS) and software pricing models.
• A combination of sales, channel management, business development, product management and product marketing experience.
• Technical acumen and experience driving emerging/disruptive technologies in networking, security, containers, hybrid cloud, storage, virtualization, and Software as a Service delivery models.
• The ability to work creatively to develop unique joint value propositions and product strategy within a partner ecosystem.
• Experience working within enterprise software development industry, and with the enterprise customer journey to the cloud.
***Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.