|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Public Policy Manager, Executive Office - International Public Policy, will join a growing and dynamic international public policy team, that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, and Asia Pacific in support of Amazon's global consumer business. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, non-governmental organizations and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues spanning the consumer and commercial environment. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external.
As Public Policy Manager, Executive Office, you will will work alongside the International Public Policy Vice-President and the Senior Executive Assistant in support of the operations and activity of the international public policy team. Your responsibilities will include policy planning and prioritization, internal and external organization of policy events and communications, coordination and drafting of executive-level speeches and briefing papers, onsite hosting of VIP visitors, internal reporting, external relationship management, and management of team-wide projects. You will work closely with Amazon's international and US-based public policy teams, as well as with cross-functional business partners. Externally, you will be able to operate with the highest levels of political astuteness and diplomacy with external public policy stakeholders and VIP partners.
You will be able to identify public policy trends, and will help monitor and report on relevant international legislative and regulatory developments. You will have first-rate verbal and written communications skills, and be able to review and edit texts to a very high level of accuracy and public policy understanding.
The position is based in Amazon's headquarters in Seattle, U.S.
You will be willing to travel, including internationally, according to business need.
• 10-15 years of relevant public policy experience within a consumer-facing, technology, retail, trade association, or government environment
• Bachelor's degree in relevant subject area
• Written and verbal English language fluency
• International (Europe/Middle East/Asia) public policy experience
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• An ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to Amazon's business, and clearly communicate complex concepts and issues to internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of working smartly and collaboratively within a highly matrixed environment
• Experience of handling VIP visits and briefing materials; strong diplomatic and relationship skills
• Excellent business and political judgement
• Strategic thinker and leader, also able to organize and drive tactical execution in an inclusive and collaborative manner
• Ability to coordinate a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalize information and strategy
• Action- and results-oriented
• Capacity to confidently use experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action
• Additional languages desirable but not essential
• An ability to travel, including internationally, as needed
• Relentlessly high standards of performance and ethics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.