|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Would you like to help build innovative email solutions and solve complex technical problems? Do you have a passion and desire to engineer and own large scale systems that help deliver billions of messages per year for the world's most customer centric company?
We are a team in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organisation dedicated to evolve Amazon's technical products and services. We are seeking a talented engineer skilled in systems such as Exchange, Sendmail, Postfix and other API tools, with AWS microservices experience, and who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies. However, you should not be constrained by how "things are usually done\" and be willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. If you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to own ongoing enhancements and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are wickedly smart, passionate about technology, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the relentless growth of Amazon.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and building services that scale for millions of global users
• Driving new innovation in the AWS ecosystem
• Working as part of a team to deliver new, highly scalable software solutions
• Expanding your own skills by constantly learning and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes
• Own the full stack of our products, from design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
• 5+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, DevOps/SysOps, or Systems Engineering capacity in a large-scale software development environment
• 3+ years of Linux based Systems Engineering experience
• 5+ years of development experience in PowerShell, Python, or related languages.
• 2+ years of experience with email servers/filters like Postfix, Sendmail, libmilter etc.
• 3+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• Experience with AWS Services - AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• 7+ years of development experience in PowerShell, Python or related languages.
• 5+ years of Agile methods and processes experience.
• 2+ years programming experience in an object oriented language like Java or Python
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role