|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon's Customer Service team is top ranked for developing solutions because we are passionate about our customers and giving our Associates all the high quality tools needed to provide world class care. Our team is looking for a System Engineer to join our energetic, fast-moving, and passionate team which is deeply committed to ensuring that our thousands of agents worldwide will have the high volume and high availability systems needed to support retail, merchant, digital, and Kindle product lines. Our employees are smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
A System Engineer is a technology generalist that often builds software that automates and manages the infrastructure that supports the product or service. As a System Engineer you influence primarily within a team while solving the complex technical problems. Your solutions are testable, maintainable and efficient. The perfect candidate will be an experienced engineer who possess strong technical knowledge in Infrastructure automation, Dev-Ops methodology, system architecture, and development. You will have experience working closely with multiple engineering teams and have implemented automated solutions across a variety of applications and systems.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every team member. You will be expected to mentor and guide junior engineers. You will engage with the open source community, listening to their feedback to improve the experience and helping to drive long term vision with the larger CS teams.
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree based on Five or more years of work experience.
• Three or more years of professional experience as a systems development engineer or in related occupations (systems administration, DevOps engineering, site reliability engineering, networking/automation, software/systems development).
• An understanding of computer networking fundamentals.
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
• A strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
• Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
• Experience developing on Linux
• Experience using AWS services
• Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills