|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's customer service security is the first line of defense protecting Customers and their interests from technical & malicious adversaries, seeking to steal their data and/or cause them harm. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build solutions to address them.
Our Threat Engineering and Development team builds technology to protect the customer and Amazon's data through detection and containment before, during, and after attacks. We are looking for a security-minded Technical Program Manager to ensure that customer protection is always a priority. In this role you will work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to interpret, communicate, and drive technical security programs across Customer Service. If you enjoy managing depth and breadth, leading high-energy and strategic discussions, setting future direction on technical challenges (automated defenses, machine learning threat behavior, action-specific intelligence); we are looking for you.
Main Responsibilities Include:
• Analyze business and technical requirements, identify and present security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Lifecycle delivery of security projects and programs working cross-functionally to achieve collaborative goals and objectives
• Manage dependencies across teams and report progress to executives and stakeholders on a regular basis
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams involved with security operations, customer service, and hardware platforms.
• Bring new, transformative ideas to address security challenges.
• 10+ years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture, or system development
• 7+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• 5+ years of project management of complex, company-wide technology initiatives with stakeholder management and leading through influence
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
• Demonstrated strong technical judgement in conjunction with passionate customer-focus.
• Experience with machine learning, constraint optimization and large scale distributed systems.
• Demonstrated experience in managing teams, building processes and driving complex projects to conclusion.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• MBA, or project management certifications a plus
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Excellent problem-solving skills - you love problems that have no textbook solution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us