|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The AWS Hardware Engineering team creates server designs for Amazon's innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems, and build architecturally sound, high-quality components to enable AWS to realize critical business strategies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an innovative self-starter. You will work with engineers across the company as well as external companies and lead test automation and server test content bring-up efforts. You will use your broad experience using and developing automated testing tools, programming languages and expertise on hardware to test prototype servers. AWS Engineers are shaping the way people use computers and designing the future of cloud computing technology - come help us make history!
What you will do:
Designing and building services that scale for millions of global users
Driving new innovation in the AWS ecosystem
Working as part of a team to deliver new, highly scalable software solutions
Expanding your own skills by constantly learning and experimenting with new tools and ideas to evolve your team's processes
Why you will love it: You will work with engineers across the company to build next-generation servers. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work. You will see direct product improvements based on the results of your work.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Three or more years of professional experience as a systems development engineer or DevOps or Systems Engineering capacity
• Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform)
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Experience building and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems or web services with a high degree of operational excellence
• A strong understanding of system performance and scaling
• A strong understanding of operating system internals, including network and storage subsystems
• Experience with relational and nonrelational database systems
• Experience developing on Linux
• Experience using AWS services
• Experience delivering projects in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/