|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to transform the way people enjoy interact with Video contents? Come join the team that is creating features that allow customers to use Alexa to enjoy video contents on their TVs and other streaming devices! We are innovating and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices! You'll be among the first ones in the space and get to define the customer experience, frameworks and processes for the years to come.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to quality engineering initiatives in the design, development, testing and deployment of client software. The successful QAE will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing. The QAE will be able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy
In this role, you'll be responsible of influencing across Video org quality assurance of new customer features and supporting architecture on a day to day and week to week basis. You'll learn new in-demand skills like building and testing voice control interfaces and scalable API platforms that will be highly valuable as you grow your career at Amazon and beyond. You'll work directly with Product Management, Development team and Design to ensure that Alexa customers will have best experience for Alexa entertainment video featured products. You'll help us build automation and make the team more productive. You'll join a unique team in the Alexa organization with our own culture and help us grow the team - we move fast to deliver new great features for customers and have a ton of fun doing it.
A day in the life
The QAE works closely with key stake holders in the organization such as development engineers, product managers and technical program managers to define and implement quality engineering solutions, practices, processes and standards. They will lead the efforts to achieve smooth and bug free releases to ensure ultimate customer experience.
About the hiring group
The Alexa Video Domain QA team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of Alexa Video platforms and features for Alexa customers. Video Domain team is responsible for video providers and consumers to leverage the power of Alexa to deliver world class entertainment experiences. We work with partners both internal and external to provide world class test infrastructure, tools and support in delivering best Alexa Video experience.
In this role, you will:
• Establish and improve processes to drive quality upstream and rely on automation to drive efficiency
• Develop the long-term strategy for quality engineering programs and translate strategy into an achievable roadmap
• Develop quality engineering approaches that best fit into the overall architecture of the software life cycle
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop technical design and approach
• Design test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses, data, and tools that increase the speed of release cycles and allow for constant high-quality results
• Create quality metrics to drive improvements in development, quality, operations, and system efficiency
• Lead strategic quality engineering initiatives, development and implementation
• Mentor other quality engineers handling complex projects
• Provide technical direction and influence the QA team as well as stakeholders
• Establish and execute short and long-term plans for quality
• Partner with Product Mangers, SDMs and TPMs to develop and implement shift left and built in quality practices and standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BS degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of technical industry experience
• 5+ years experience in creating, managing and implementing test plans
• Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
• Experience generating and communicating meaningful quality metrics
• Experience working closely with product owners defining user stories
• Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user stories
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering or Software Testing.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and ability to dive deep into details
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices.
• Experience with different methods of integration and deployment (CICD)
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience in Smart Home domain, media and entertainment
• Strong process definition and optimization skills; proven ability to define effective, efficient, and scalable processes