|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to transform the way people enjoy interact with Video contents? Come join the team that is creating features that allow customers to use Alexa to enjoy video contents on their TVs and other streaming devices! We are innovating and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices! You'll be among the first ones in the space and get to define the customer experience, frameworks and processes for the years to come.
Software QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and develop automated tests using a variety of technologies and tools.
Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
A day in the life
The QAE works closely with key stake holders in the organization such as development engineers, product managers and technical program managers to define and implement quality engineering solutions for new features and products. They will lead the efforts to achieve smooth and bug free releases to ensure ultimate customer experience.
About the hiring group
The Alexa Video Domain QA team is responsible for ensuring the highest quality of Alexa Video platforms and features for Alexa customers. Video Domain team is responsible for video providers and consumers to leverage the power of Alexa to deliver world class entertainment experiences. We work with partners both internal and external to provide world class test infrastructure, tools and support in delivering best Alexa Video experience.
• Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
• Will work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer and part of a QA/QE team
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
• Experience in test automation programing/scripting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in creating, managing and implementing test plans
• Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
• Experience generating and communicating meaningful quality metrics
• Experience working closely with product owners defining user stories
• Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban)
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and ability to dive deep into details
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices.
• Experience with different methods of integration and deployment (CICD)
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience in Smart Home domain, media and entertainment