|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for building new feature using bleeding edge technology? Alexa Personal Mobility team is looking for exceptional Quality Assurance engineers to work on launching high quality features on Alexa Everywhere - at home, on-the-go, in-the-car. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa as they plan their journey at home, and continue it in the car/bike/transit, and back home.
We need strong quality engineers with an eye for detail, thinking from the customer's point of view and raising the bar for our org with every new release. The Personal Mobility team works on full stack with backend, frontend (Echo show and Alexa app) and embedded (in car) products, giving a unique experience to build richer skills, while owning the end-to-end experience.
A day in the life
This role involves:
• Collaborating with cross functional leaders in Development, Ux, Product, Program management and Quality
• Reviewing requirements, building test plans and strategy, developing end-to-end test cases, collaborating with software developers on automation coverage, and technical designs
• Ensuring coverage of ongoing automated regression tests in the deployment pipelines
• Owning the quality of the product launched and advising managers and product owners on Production releases
• Mentoring junior QAEs within and across orgs
About the hiring group
The Personal Mobility team owns several services in the backend, builds and innovates on the Alexa screen devices like Echo Show series as well as on Mobile with Alexa app. We have a very cohesive cross functional team that works closely to build and launch Alexa features across a range of devices and countries.
Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will be expected to invent and simplify the testing processes and mechanisms of various components that the Automotive team builds. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to iteratively improve our software development process and to identify and create tools that our group and Amazon in general need for advancing our testing efforts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of software QA testing experience
• 3+ years of experience with standard QA and development tools
• 3+ years of Software QA automation experience working with the following technologies: Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Passionate about technology
• Expertise in testing methodologies
• Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
• Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to drive innovation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age