|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a global systems integrator, a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with key accounts, you will be responsible for helping driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption in the Large Enterprise segment. You will possess both a technical background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and account management/field reps/pre-sales architects.
You will have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and be able to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO. If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills and are able to drive technical initiatives and cloud migration projects with the GSIs, you will enjoy this role.
• Build a set of best practices around deal making and bid management for our largest deals and replicate across geographies
• Work with Geo level and Country Partner management, and AWS account teams in a highly collaborative operating model to help develop pipeline specific to the partner
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral
• Liaise with the Partner's field pre-sales organization, channels, and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
• Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS
• Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization
• Work closely with the partner's customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS, making sure they have the technical resources required for successful adoption
• Help partners cost optimize their solutions using techniques like right sizing infrastructure, using higher level application services, using AWS cost explorer, recommending Reserved & Spot instances, etc
• Understand the technical requirements of the partner and work closely with the internal development team to help guide the direction of product offerings
• Technical leader and trusted adviser in the area of cloud computing for our partners
• Drive development of repeatable assets, solutions, products, and accelerators
• Assist GSIs and earn the trust of customers by delivering multi-day technical workshops, lead white boarding sessions, executing on Proof of Concepts, and contributing to the construction of performant, scalable, secure, and highly available AWS solutions
• Demonstrate a bias for action and deep technical skills by authoring joint technical whitepapers with GSIs, technical case studies, and enterprise focused blog posts
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI. Some travel may be required.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor degree in computer science, business, math, or related field
• 5+ years hands-on experience in networking, security, database administration or development, application development, and/or system administration
• Broad-based technology experience to include cloud computing, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, compute, continuous deployment, and containers
• Experience with concepts, implementation, and patterns
• Experience working within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) category
• Experience driving and coordinating complex and strategic pre-sales engagements with or within a Global Systems Integrator (GSI)
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business
• Experience designing and implementing enterprise-grade architectures for Fortune 1000 companies
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• AWS Solution Architect Professional and/or AWS Specialty certifications
• International technical sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.