|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and technical executive to lead our team of Specialized Field Solutions Architects (SAs) focused on Microsoft Technologies. You will help hire and develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of enterprise customers and partners by helping them implement innovative cloud computing solutions on AWS based on Microsoft products and technologies. Working closely with our services teams, you will help enable new capabilities for our customers to develop and deploy Windows and .Net workloads.
You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for Microsoft technologies on AWS, migrating workloads, and the modernization of legacy Microsoft architectures. You will have an opportunity to be a thought leader in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value AWS technology can bring to our customers. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering across teams within AWS such as services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your teams to executive management.
At AWS, we \"Work hard, Have fun, and Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• 10+ year's management of technical resources in a large company
• 5+ year's second line management experience (manager of managers) leading technical organizations with 50+ headcount
• 10+ years in Infrastructure technology space with expertise in multiple domains including: Windows Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, and .NET
• 7+ year's relevant experience in technology/software sales or consulting
• Experience managing a diverse and cross-functional team
• Working knowledge of current software development tools and methodologies
• Past experience working and speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience architecting, operating cloud-based solutions. AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
• Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following:
• Developing high quality, enterprise scale software products
• Datacenter migration, especially involving Windows Servers and complex Windows workloads
• Some travel may be required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
• Designing or managing a large SQL Server implementation
• Designing or managing a large Active Directory implementation
• Knowledge of .NET Programming (C#)
• Managing highly available data center operations with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, server hardware and storage application, server, and network security
• Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
• MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE
Any U.S. AWS Corporate offices or virtual locations will be considered depending on your experience and relative location to key stakeholders/AWS offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .