|Category||Research Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. As a Laboratory Research Scientist, you will be working with a unique and gifted cross-functional team to develop exciting new products for consumers. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus.
• Develop and validate new biochemical protocols in a high-complexity analytical/clinical laboratory environment.
• Provide work instructions to and oversee the work of laboratory technicians
• Analyze experimental data using statistical techniques; prepare reports summarizing your research and present them to peers, stakeholders and managers
• Participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the laboratory and equipment.
• Work within the overall quality management system of the lab, including documentation of experimental protocols and standard operating procedures and maintenance of a detailed lab notebook
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree within the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry or Molecular Biology), or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of directly-related commercial or academic post-graduate experience working in a clinical lab
• Experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory.
• Post-graduate degree within the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry or Molecular Biology)
• Hands-on experience with molecular biology protocols
• Experience with using JMP or similar statistical tools to design and analyze experiments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in development of FDA-regulated products