|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS Outposts provide fully managed AWS infrastructure and services to customers in their on-premises data centers. Customers around the world - from financial institutions, manufacturers, production studios, and telecom providers - will now be able to use the power of AWS on-premises and build applications with the same APIs, services, and hardware as they use in the AWS cloud. From autonomous vehicle operations to automated industrial environments, AWS Outposts will enable customers to deliver new experiences to end-users as well as re-architect their legacy applications.
The Team: The EC2 team brings new customers to AWS and is responsible for delivering products that are simple to understand, quick to get started on, and easy to scale. The team builds and operates products that are defining the new cloud-native application development experience. You will be making history with us on the next generation cloud computing platforms.
You: We're seeking a Senior Product Manager who has a passion for delivering technical products, and who is customer obsessed. Product Management in AWS is an opportunity to collaborate with engineering, design, and business development teams. You'd be joining a core group of experienced Product Managers who have helped build and scale products at Amazon, Intel, HP, Cisco, Nvidia and a host of startups.
You're a good fit if you can:
• Think big, are able to break down the big picture, and deliver on goals that will get us there
• Instinctively understand a good product, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking.
• Dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies you influence
• Think long-term, can balance conflicting interests, and converge on outcomes that earn trust and customer loyalty.
• Communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
You would be responsible for:
• Defining high-quality roadmaps for your focus area based on team strategy and vision
• Developing detailed and crisp business requirements for product specifications and service architecture
• Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support
• Working closely with engineering teams, design, and program management in an agile environment to deliver products to market
• Driving product launches, including working with public relations team, executives, finance, marketing, and legal stakeholders for your product
• Proactively identifying and resolving issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Interfacing and partnering with all levels of the AWS and Amazon business leadership
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years in software or hardware product management roles
• Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Passion for great customer experience and API usability
• Strong knowledge of data centers and networking concepts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• An MBA and/or a Master's degree in Computer Science (or the equivalent), or professional work experience as a software engineer
• Well-versed in competitive analysis and commercial pricing models
• Experience with financial modeling, for both cost and revenue
• Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment