|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
External job description
Amazon is looking for an experienced Global Export Compliance Program Manager who will be responsible for providing global export compliance leadership. In this critical role, you will work with various team to develop, implement, and integrate an Export Compliance & Controls Program that spans Amazon.
This role will encompass a broad range of regulatory compliance subjects, including: Export Compliance, Software and Technology Exports, Deemed Exports, and all related Export Compliance Governance requirements across Amazon's global footprint. You will interact with Legal, Tax, Development/Engineering Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive global export compliance.
This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world's fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with a team of highly qualified export compliance professionals across a number of geographies. You will work closely with the Head of Global Export Compliance, the Director of Global Trade Services, and the Product Compliance Organization to drive strategies that ensure ongoing and compliance, as well as a strategy for anticipating growth and strategic requirements for Amazon products and services globally. You will develop, implement, and communicate best practices and processes for ensuring export compliance across Amazon hardware, software, technology, services, and people, and will ensure rhythms of control to ensure timely and consistent review and timely approvals for compliance
Key responsibilities include:
• Build and manage Amazon's Global Export Compliance program, including developing processes and procedures
• Identify relevant export compliance imperatives applicable to our hardware, software, services, technologies, and people
• Establish and maintain guidelines and best practices to mitigate export compliance risks throughout the enterprise
• Oversee filings to government or regulatory bodies, in alignment with our Amazon Legal colleagues
• Work with Legal to ensure confidential submission processes are followed for proper agency approvals when required
• Stay current on changes to global regulatory requirements and best practices related to export compliance in all jurisdictions
Internal job description
•Basic qualifications• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
• 10+ years of experience in trade compliance with focus on export controls • Experience with off shore R&D and technology transfer licenses
• Experience with M&A Due Diligence including disclosures and resumption of service and support requests
• Multi-national experience with a US or technology blue chip company is necessary
• Experienced with US Export Administration Regulations, especially as they relate to encryption and telecommunications
Master's Degree is a plus, but not required
• Semiconductor/ASIC experience highly desirable
• Experience engaging with regulators, and representing complex requirements for import and/or export activities preferred
• Familiarity with other international export regulations
• 5+ years of experience in analyzing business problems using different tools
• 5+years of experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
• Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment in uncertain situations • Ability to prioritize activities with changing timelines
• Proven written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively while handling multiple tasks
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.