|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - Colorado|
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our customers' needs, their missions, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering solutions. As an Engagement Manager, you will collaborate across roles to understand a customer's mission objectives and define project goals. You will lead peers, small teams, or groups of teams made up of AWS members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs, and potentially other third parties to create and execute a plan to achieve project goals by understanding AWS technologies, best practices, as well as the client environment. You will identify and mitigate limitations to execution.
You will guide customers through their cloud journey to transform their business. You will leverage AWS mechanisms to help customers envision strategic goals and requirements. You will use agile delivery methodology to lead project teams consisting of business and technical resources while managing scope, schedule, and cost. You will use your management and leadership capabilities to successfully execute project plans, remain sensitive to customer needs, resolve issues, escalate when appropriate. You will work to exceed customer expectations by enabling stakeholders capabilities and increasing cloud adoption.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
You will be passionate about working at AWS and live our credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be willing to take on any challenge and make a significant impact for your customer.
You will enjoy working with Federal Civilian customers to help them envision transformational cloud initiatives. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
You will deliver business objectives by managing a matrixed team across multi-stream, agile, technical engagements for customers. Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes capturing and validating requirements, developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, defining success criteria and project milestones, and budgets.
You will ensure goal alignment across stakeholder groups which may include customers, internal teams, and partners. Create and deliver communication tailored to the audience, ranging from executive level project updates to detailed sprint plans and financial reports.
You will apply judgement and tact to challenge, recommend, and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
You are a strategic thinker who can demonstrate understanding of requirements, foresee risks, make decisions guided by policies, procedures and a business plan with limited guidance.
You have business and financial acumen to manage the scope, timeline, and budget of each individual project.
You are a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their mission outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle through iterative feedback mechanisms.
You are a partner for the AWS Account, Support, and Service teams to convey customer and partner feedback and lessons learned to improve AWS products and service offerings.
The position may require up to 50% travel to customer sites in the US. Proximity to a major US airport is preferred.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
• 7+ years of customer-facing, large scale implementation consulting experience across multiple cross-functional teams.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise-level IT projects, at least 3 years of which followed documented methodologies such as Agile and Iterative development in a project management tool set (Confluence, Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc) and source code management products.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
We are looking for a combination of these to compliment this job's basic qualifications. A successful candidate does not need to have all of these.
• Must be able to represent AWS within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Has at least two active project management certifications (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2).
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Shareable experience managing one or more projects with a combination of 10+ resources, 12+ months, or $500k+ in contract value.
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
• Experience building artifacts to support external and internal stakeholders resolve blockers.
• Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, Saas).
• Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer facing technology.
• Proven success working with teams and executive leadership in a complex enterprise environment.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
• Excellent presenter and communicator in both oral and written form in one-to-one and one-to-many forums.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
• Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements.
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams to define requirements and apply strategic thinking.
• 5+ year of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
• 5+ years of experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.